Sea kayaking nature cruises on Akaroa Harbour are a firm favourite of our experienced guides! Our harbour cruises and nature safaris are a great way to explore the pristine marine reserve in an environmentally friendly…
- Per Passenger Ages 10+
- NZ$130 NZ$125
Sunrise Wildlife Sea Kayak Adventure In New Zealand
Rise and shine for your local and friendly guides recommended trip of the day! Soak up the serenity and calmness the early morning brings. No noise, no crowds, no boat engines — we often have the whole harbour to ourselves at this time as we are the first operators on the water and start before any of the boat tours begin.
Small group numbers are key as we are visiting fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural areas. Rest your mind at ease knowing you are exploring this marine reserve in a low-impact and environmentally responsible way. There are special areas that we can only visit during the mornings while conditions are favourable, so if you have the opportunity to join us on this safari, you are in for a treat.
Join us on an unforgettable kayaking safari that is sure to be one of the highlights of your NZ trip.
Paddle with your nature guide along the coastline with the opportunity for chance wildlife encounters and fantastic bird watching opportunities. Different species ( some endangered) may cross paths with us as we continue along our route, every day is different here in our flooded volcano crater. Sightings may include endangered NZ fur seals, native sea birds, the endangered white flippered penguins and Hector dolphins which are only found in NZ. Your guide will point out places of interest and any activity that they discover and take complimentary photos along the way!
Take in the views of towering sea cliffs, learn about the volcanic rock formations, witness live blow holes, explore caves and remote untouched areas only accessible by boat.
Connect with nature and enjoy the tranquility of sea kayaking. While touring by sea kayak you will experience the massive scale of the landscape that surrounds you!
Feel the power of the bird’s wings as they fly over us, see first hand every living creature in the ocean that appears to check us out, feel the energy of the ancient volcano which has been sleeping for millions of years and is now a sanctuary for wildlife.
Wildlife is common but as we can not control the movements of mother nature, sightings are not guaranteed, but mind blowing views an enjoyable paddle certainly is!
This tour is a must do for any New Zealand travel itinerary – This experience will last in your memory and heart for a life time.
Guided sea kayaking tour in beautiful Akaroa,
Meeting at 7:30am. We will drive to our launching area which will depend on the conditions of the day, we are mobile so we have the luxury to choose the most sheltered route to make paddling more comfortable.
We want to make sure you are getting the most of your time with us so paddling ‘on water time’ will be between 2 and 2 1/2 hours!
- Explore the marine reserve in a small group with your knowledgeable nature/kayak guide
- We are the first operator on the water every morning, you will have the harbour to yourself!
- Early starts can lead to calm conditions and chance wild life sightings
- Panoramic views and stunning photo opportunities
- Free photos & Snacks
- Comprehensive safety briefing
- All kayaking Equipment
- On-water trip photographs
- A light snack
- Knowledgeable nature guide
- Age 10 and up
- Not suitable for guests with back problems
- You must be able to get in and out of your Kayak unassisted
- You may be required to assist in carrying your Kayak 100 metres over uneven terrain.
- Please note our sunrise tour covers more distance and needs a little more effort. This tour also moves at a faster pace than our 11:30am Crater Cruiser so please keep this in mind when choosing your tour.